You are hereBurn Permit Information
Burn Permit Information
- The majority of wildland fires in Alaska are caused by careless human activity.
- Alaska's fire season is from April 1st to August 31st.
- Burn permits are required during fire season for all open burning, with a few exceptions.
- State laws and regulations pertaining to burning practices apply statewide all year. (AS 41.15.010-41.15-170 and 11 AAC95 Article 6).
- Burn permits are subject to burn restrictions, suspensions, and closures.
- Experience has show that 75% or more of burn barrels do not meet Burn Barrel Specifications. Non-compliant burn barrels are subject to burn permit requirements and burn suspensions. Citations will be issued for violations! Penalties may also apply for unsafe burning.
- You are responsible for any fire you set or cause until it is 'dead out'. Fully understand and follow safe burning practices.