You are hereFrequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits to volunteering with CGFR?
- Opportunity to give back to the community
- Great addition to a resume, professional development
- Meet new people and become part of an extended family
- Free training
Safety is the #1 priority of CGFR. Every volunteer is supplied with personal protective equipment (PPE) and the continued training on procedures/safety. Though fire service is an inherently dangerous occupation, CGFR does not tolerate unsafe behavior or attitudes.
- Geologists, bus drivers, HS seniors, moms & dads, grad students, grandmas and grandpas, teachers, computer geeks, college students, pilots, doctors, military, fire fighters, paramedics, nurses, biologists, truck drivers, vet techs, engineers, retired, college professors, FNSB employees, GVEA employees, dog mushers,…
- Residents of our fire and EMS district who want to contribute to their community
- Non-residents of our fire and EMS district who want to contribute to their community
- Men, Women, 18 year olds up to middle aged and everything in between.
Contact us! (Link to “Start the Application Process”)
All Volunteers (Fire, EMS, Support Group) are required to submit a volunteer application (link?) and driving record, and undergo a background check. After some initial training, you will be ready to respond.